So. This is my first timeline using Timeline JS. I am most drawn to this tool because I am currently using timelines as a framework for notetaking in my history classes. I also think timelines have a bad reputation; I’d like to think that create a more visual experience might make timelines cool again. In general, it is not a difficult tool to utilize, but as with all tools, it must be wielded effectively for it to be useful.
Lessons learned/Notes for next time
-this timeline should be as visual as possible: NO links to articles!
- the first slide with the video from the MNHS is the most captivating (to me, at least)
- the second slide with a link to an article was not useful at all
- the third slide works, but a map of the Nez Perce trail might have been better?
-even if the tool seems “easy”, the more prepared I can be in advance, the better
- plan everything out first!
- what should be on the timeline?
- which format is best for each event on the timeline?